8/4/2020 to 8/5/2020
Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
« Go to Upcoming Event List
$100 OAHC Members _______
If you are sending 3 or more you will receive the following discount:
3 or more oahc member $75:____
3 or more non– member $100: ____
Due to the current impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Palmetto has suspended the in person meeting for this workshop. Instead it will be presented virtually. The Home Health portion will be presented on August 4th, 2020 and the Hospice portion will be presented on August 5th, 2020. You are welcome to attend both virtually. Each workshop will have two sessions, one to begin late morning, and then the second to resume into the afternoon after a lunch break. Each session will 90 minutes long. The exact times will be detailed soon.
Workshop Home Health Portion: TBD
Workshop Hospice Portion: TBD
Approved for 3.0 hours Home Health Administrator Hours
Approved for 3.0 hours Hospice Administrator Hours
Approved for 6.0 hours Social Worker CEUs
2020 Jurisdiction M (JM) Hospice Medicare Workshop Series
Hitting the bullseye on medicare
Palmetto GBA is pleased to announce our 2020 Home Health and Hospice workshop series. “Hitting the Target with Medicare.” These workshops are designed to equip home health and hospice providers and their staff to with the tools they need to be successful with Medicare billing, coverage and documentation requirements.
These workshops will provide insight for home health and hospice agency staff at all levels. During the workshop series, Palmetto GBA will provide information related to the most common errors identified through a variety of data analysis and some hints and tips on the reasons why these errors occur. Palmetto GBA’s ultimate goal is to have educated and astute providers who know how to accurately and skillfully apply the information they learn to their documentation and billing practices!
1. Explain Hospice utilization at the national and jurisdictional level.
2. Explain Improper Payments in the Medicare industry
3. Discuss Continuous Home Care
4. Explain the components of effective documentation for the Certification of Terminal Illness
5. Explain the components of documentation for an End Stage renal failure patient
6. Identify and discuss Medicare Program Changes
7. Identify and discuss data driven topics related to provider billing requirements
8. Explain and discuss the Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) Program
9. Explain the Provider Enrollment Revalidation process
10. Identify and explain the advantages of the eServices Online Provider Portal
11. Identify and review provider resources on Palmetto GBA’s website
12. Identify the top denials under the medical review program
13. Explain the components of effective documentation for teaching and training
14. Explain the components of effective documentation for screening and documentation for medical necessity
15. Identify the components of effective medication reconciliation